Here's a simple example - I have two JIRA issues, first contains "/path2/file", second contains "path2" without /. If I use this JQL: "text ~ path2", then only the second issue shows up in search results. (Note quotes are not actually part of issues or JQL).
Is there a setting I can change or a different JQL I can use to get the first issue to show up in search results?
Note I'm using a local install of the latest JIRA, 7.4.4, and I also explicitly reindexed JIRA and it made no difference.
UPDATE: if search term is only letters, it actually works - search results contain issues with that term when part of a folder/path/directory. So problem is just search terms that have letters and numbers.
Update Sept 12 - did thorough test:
T1 issue contains in description "path2"
T2 issue contains in description "path2/file"
T3 issue contains in description "/path2/file"
T4 issue contains in description "/long/path2/file"
T5 issue contains in description "path"
T6 issue contains in description "path/file"
T7 issue contains in description "/path/file"
T8 issue contains in description "/long/path/file"
T9 issue contains in description "/long2/path2/file"
Issues appearing on JIRA 7.5.0 server (not cloud):
T1 T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 JQL
5 6 7 8 text ~ "path"
1 text ~ "path?"
1 2 3 5 6 7 8 text ~ "path*"
1 text ~ "path2"
text ~ "path2?"
1 2 3 text ~ "path2*"
Summary - T4, T9 never found.
T8 found, so text ~ "path*" will match /long/path/file
Conclusion: the directory delimiter / is a word break (like whitespace)
only when letters are used (T8), not when letters and numbers (T4, T9).