Hi,
We have edit button in Jira. But I want two fields to be edited by one group and other two fields to be edited by another group. How can I achieve it. Or in other words the owner of the field to edit it. Please guide me
I would have the fields in different tabs with say the groups name on the tab somewhere so they know where to go. Works well for us in this situation.
If you need to enforce it, then you will need to move the edit functions into the workflow - remove the fields from the edit screen and place them on a transition screen, then have transitions that allow limited sets of users to go through the screens (using conditions on the transitions)
Nic, that is a great way to do it but you would have to train the users to go through the workflow to do the edits rather than hitting the edit button.
Arthur, When Nic said 'limited sets of users' I'm sure he meant there would be a condition on the workflow that only allowed certain groups or roles to execute it. So the user would just go through the workflow and never know there was another path because the couldn't see it.
Joe, yes I thought thats what he meant and I have done workflows with conditions that hide buttons but what about the EDIT button? I was not aware you can hide it and force them to go through the workflow?
Hi Nic..
Thanks for the quick replybut my question is slight different I have a field in transition screen as field 1and I have access to do this transitionI did the transition and I entered a value but later i realized that i entered the wrong valueso how can I change the field value for what I enteredAnd another person has transition access to another screen. He also does the sameI should not be able to edit his fields and he should not be able to edit my fieldsBut I have edit the field value after the transition
Can you kindly guide me
Add another transition in the workslow (Say RE-EDIT) and have it bring up that same transition screen again so you can edit it but make sure it bings you back to the same spot in the workflow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.