I have created two custom fields, both are containing date. How can I get the difference of both the fields in a single field.
I wanted to do this and found a solution that worked for me - see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/101411/calculate-days-between-dates
Just going to comment instead of answer, as I'm not sure if this will work - maybe the "Calculated Number Field" from JIRA Misc Custom Fields plugin? I am horrible at math so I have no idea if you are able to create a formula that would work with dates instead of raw numbers.
Thanks Nat, but I think it would be a nice idea if I can trank the transition and get the desired result. Well this is an awesome suggetion you have given with an awesome plugin, but it won't serve the purpose I think.
Not sure what "trank the transition" means, but the field is calculated dynamically if that makes any difference (will automatically recalculate and update its value when one of the other fields are changed). Sorry my suggestion doesn't fit the bill; hope someone else is able to find you something that works.
Sorry for typo..."it's track the transition"
Hi Daflint, the plugin will definitely help, but when I am using getTimeSpent(key, currentUser()) it shows 0 for every issue.
Have you record time spent against the issues in question?
I din't get, "Have you record time spent against the issues in question?". Do you mean to say I should specify let's say spent = "4d"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.