Is there a way to rename a custom field? So there user created field called "Touchdown". It has a configuration and sub fields (I'm not interested in changing these). It seems every article I find tells how to change the configured values for the field or talks about risks in changing out of the box fields that come with Jira. Is there a way for me to change "Touchdown" to "Field Goal" as the custom field name? Thanks
If you have admin rights, just go to Administration > Issues > Custom Fields and then select to edit the Touchdown field. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-a-custom-field-776636410.html
Thank you Mikael. You know, like so many other people asking questions, it seems so simple! I cant believe in the 45 minutes I played around looking for this I could not find it. Thank you again - appreciate the help.
I just wanted to update - there's a new article specifically for Editing and Deleting Custom fields
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-or-delete-a-custom-field/
Wanted to share since I was stuck on deleting and renaming a custom field, and the original article had been changed since Mikael's post
@Mikael Sandberg do you know if changing the name of the options in a drop down list custom field would somehow mess up with the records that have that value?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.