I'm waiting for permission to create multiple statuses so atm I'm just trying to validate the setup and Workflow in my head so please bare with me as I will question my layout in the reasoning process...
a) I want to create quite a few statuses so each sub team (UX, Code, Test) have their own statuses To Do, In Progress and Done (the statuses will have a sub team suffix to make them unique (ie To Do_ux))
b) I want to create an overview filter with the columns To Do, UXing, Coding, Testing, Done
c) Each sub team will get filters that displays the their specific statuses + the overview columns of the other sub teams (Test will get To Do, UXing, Coding, To Do_test, In Progress_test, Done_test and Done)
1) Will the status Done_xxx for each sub team be redundant as I want a transition to take place when for instance UX move a card from In Progress_ux to Done_ux? Once the card hits Done_ux I want it to automatically move again into the next column with the status To Do_code. I'm just trying to give a visual representation with the Done_xxx column, but those will in effect always be empty as the card automatically will have been moved into To Do_xxx (or Done if it comes from the sub team Test).
2) If I move the card between different columns on the overview board I get the dotted boxes on where I want the card to land when I have multiple statuses in the receiving column. Can I force the card to go into the To Do_code by only having arrows into the To Do_code status in the Workflow from all the statuses from UX? (ie not get any dotted boxes for In Progress_code and Done_code since the Workflow shows there's no process to move from In Progress_ux to In Progress_code or Done_code)?