I'm trying to start a second JIRA DC node but I get the following error on the second node (jira1):
[n.sf.ehcache.CacheManager] Cache com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.ofbiz.EagerOfBizGroupCache.groupCacherequested bootstrap but a CacheException occured. Error bootstrapping from remote peer. Message was: Connection refused to host: 192.168.100.18; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)
and a bunch more connection refused / timeout messages.
According to my telnet test, port 40001 is open between the servers. This was run on the second node, jira1, where the error occurs.
telnet jira0 40001
Trying 192.168.100.18...
Connected to jira0.
I've only set the node names in cluster.properties so everything else is default.
What other ports need to be open for DC to work? There is a mention in the documentation of "unrestricted access" between machines but I'm not sure that's going to happen in my case...
I've tried deleteing the plugin caches as per help article, no dice. The first node is running as intended.
Any ideas?
Thanks
=> Solution
There is another port other than 40001 that needs to be opened. You can add this line to cluster.properties:
ehcache.object.port = 40011