Has anyone else noticed this?
When I, as an Agent, raise a Service Desk request on behalf of a customer, and then the customer checks the portal, they need to set the filter to "created by anyone" in order to see those requests, but the "reported by" field on the Agent's view shows the customer's name.
It's like some parts of the Service Desk treat those issues as created by me, and other parts of Service Desk treat those issues as created by the user in whose name I raised the request.
I suggest that if I raise a request on Sally's behalf, it show up on the "created by me" filter in Sally's view of the portal, in case Sally needs to follow up on the request.
Also, the email notifcations sent to the nominal reporter for those issues only say
"Just confirming that we got your request. We're on it."
Since that is all that goes to the person on behalf of whom the request was raised, it might be good to add the content of the "Why do you need this?" (body) field of the request to the email so that the customer can see the content of what was raised on their behalf (without having to click through the link in the footer of the email.)
Thanks,
Jim