I'm trying to cut-and-paste a simple numbered list from a confluence page over to an Outlook email. It seems to drop the numbering. Any ideas on how to work around this ?
Hi,
Never tried this before and i have to agree with you that this does not work. :'(
But I have found a workaround!
Export to pdf first and copy from the pdf should do the trick
Regards
Dave
Hmm, decent work-around, I guess. Though seems like a pretty basic functionality that should work within confluence. Any chance of a comittment from Atlassian on fixing this ?
I tested with Confluence server 6.3.x and Confluence Cloud and I was able to paste numbered lists into Outlook 2011 email messages from both. May I know more about the versions of Outlook and Confluence you all are using?
I noticed that if I use plain text in Word, or paste the numbered list into a plain text editor like TextMate it does strip the numbers. is it possible your Outlook is configured to use plain text?
I'll try to remember to use one of these approaches. MS Office and Altlassian products are fixtures in our landscape. Although I am biased in favor or Altlassian, Confluence and Jira are making me, a Unix guy, appreciate the maturity of Microsoft products.
This is still broken in 2025, believe it or not. Numbered lists show up with spaces before and after each item that need to be removed (a setting in Outlook's text formatting) but second order list items (ie, 1.a, 1.b, etc) and further order items are all just 1.1.1, 2.1.1, etc even if not formatted like that in Confluence.This makes it very annoying to take a list and send an email out with it as it requires a lot of text edit fixes before sending!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.