Can anyone suggest a good way to produce a report showing the ticket activity for the servicedesk in a week? It's not apparent how to create the report from the reports section to me. I've looked through the vast array of add-ons but nothing leaps out at me. I pictured this being a simple one but is proving harder than I thought. I've checked the discussions on the community too. Maybe I'm not seeing the wood for the trees...
Thanks for your help so far - I will close but on point 2, can you elaborate a bit? Where do I go to edit JQL? A screenshot would be the icing on the cake.
@Dave Gunn, for sure you can use JSD Reports to view "last 7 days". I need more info to be able to provide a good answer.
1) The intention would be to run it on a Friday afternoon to show the activity for Monday to Friday, 8:30-17:30 (business working hours).
2) Both ideally but I think a chart, first and foremost.
3) Both ideally but something I could export and produce for a director.
4) The audience initially is a compnay director.
Thankyou
company^
recommendations:
1) you should have a Created vs. Resolved chart in the Reports section. that looks like this...
2) create a JQL filter and setup a subscription. This would email the list of issues for the week. Example JQL: project = xxxAND updated >= -5d. You should create the filter based on what you want to show. Once you have it 'right' set the subscription. I suggest you create a Group for who will receive the subscription.
3) Create a dashboard for the project and, using the above saved filter, display the gadget of your choice. Also include
Thanks, Jack. I've got number 1 nailed. As for 2 and 3 - how do I create?
Dave, there might be a more elegant way to get to it, but I usually start by running a search. One you're on the search results page, you can modify your query to use JQL. The type-ahead feature helps you figure out what fields are available, and there's also some documentation here on advanced searching.
Brilliant. Thankyou.
Sorry @Dave Gunn. I wasn't aware you had not used the JQL capability as yet. :-) This is one of the fundamental, and very useful capabilities. You can start w/ the Basic view (selecting values) and quickly move to Advanced where you write you JQL out manually. I rarely use Basic anymore. When you use Basic you can then click Advanced and see the litteral translation and can then edit.
Click on the "Issues" menu and select Search for issues...
Basic Screen:
Advanced Screen:
I highly recommend some articles written by @Maarten Cautreels (Belgium) which can be found by searching in the Community for "JQL ninja". And of course as @Susan Ostreicher pointed out use the Atlassian docs.
best of luck!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.