I've got a few dozen (maybe a hundred) pages in a 3.0.1 wiki that I need to bring into a 4.0.4 (soon to be 4.1) wiki.
I've spent much too much time (two or three days so far) trying to do this, with no success at all.
First, you can't do this in one step. You have to make a new 3.0 series wiki, import the material into there, upgrade it to 3.5 series, then upgrade it again to 4.0 series. At least, I think that's what I need to do -- in actuality, I haven't been able to get the 3.5 upgrade to work yet, and I see from this forum that the 3.5 to 4.0 upgrade also has problems for people.
This is awful -- the pages are not that complicated, they are just pages. It looks like would have been better for me to have just done it by hand, as if I weren't using Confluence to begin with. This is frustrating, and if I can't find a solution, I'm going to look at other wikis -- I'd decided to go with Confluence for this new wiki partly because I already had Confluence content in an older wiki, and I have extensive experience with it. It looks like I'm gaining nothing from those connections, though, and it may be that getting a free product or one with different features is a better choice.
Is there some way around this? Does Atlassian offer a conversion service? Are there consultants who will do this conversion? Is there a way to use the Universal Wiki Converter to convert older Confluence ocntent?