I was to filter the epic parent tickets out of our board's view. We also exclude sub-tasks. However, when I search for
"Epic Name" is EMPTY
there are zero results. Now, there are hundreds of tickets without an Epic Name. What am I doing wrong?
Hi Sarah,
Epic Name is an attribute on issues with issue type Epic. Basically it is name of the Epic.
Try
"Epic Link" is EMPTY
Epic Link is connection between an issue and parent Epic.
For more info see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/epic-name-vs-epic-link-779158632.html
Regards,
Milos
We want to see tickets in an epic, just not the "parent" epic issue type tickets.
Maybe I don't understand your requirements. But if want to get only issues that belong to the Epic, then you can for example use:
issuetype != Epic
Or please specify your requirements more precisly.
Thx,
Agreed with Milos, use "issuetype != Epic" instead.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.