It seems like only I (system-admin) are allowed to invite customers? SD 2.0.4
Hi Lisa,
Currently only the Administrators can create customer as you've noticed.
I've created this feature request to add this feature to a future version of JIRA Service Desk. Please take some time to vote on it to increase its visibility and feel free to leave any comments there to reach our developers directly.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1920
From JSD 2.3, this is now possible. For a Public Signup enabled service desk, an agent can invite customers from the people tab, as well as create them on the fly from the Raise this request on behalf of field within the Customer Portal. It was implemented as part of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1124?src=confmacro See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Raising+requests+on+behalf+of+customers for some more details Regards Matt JIRA Service Desk developer
Hey Matt, Can you confirm you can do this on Service Desk on the latest version as well? I did find that JSD-1124 before but couldn't make it work on Service Desk 2.4.2. Cheers
Hi Lisa, After some more tests and the help of Matt, I've managed to get this working on the latest version of JIRA Service Desk. We'll need to set the portal with access to everyone (People tab > Customers > Everyone with an account can access my Customer Portal > Anyone can sign up for a customer account on my Customer Portal) and set up an Outgoing mail in JIRA itself so JIRA can send the invitation to customers. Hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.