Hello,
We want to consolidate two Confluence servers, but I am having problems with one of the spaces on the source server.
The space is awfully big (from my perspective) with more than 10K pages in it.
The export zip is 24 GB.
When I try to import it (after downloading the file for hours) the import fails with all kinds of errors - Out of Memory, Value too long (apparently some inline comments contain special characters and when exported, exceed the 255 boundary for some text columns), etc.
Even if I can go back to the source space, fix some of the errors, export and try again, it takes a lot of time.
Exporting alone takes > 2hours, downloading the zip takes a lot of time too, importing it takes 1 hour or more.
Has anyone faced similar situations?
Are there some tricks to reduce the size of the exported file?
Can I do several exports / imports of parts of the space?
In general are there any recommendations for the optimal space size / structure and at what time one should consider splitting a space into multiple smaller spaces?