For some reason when viewing on a mobile browser, the sidebar cannot be eliminated. Is there anything I can do as an administrator to get it to adapt to a proper mobile view without sidebar?
Thanks,
-Alex
Hi Alex,
I just tested my Cloud site with New Look on my iPhone 7S, and I had the view you did at first, and then I clicked the Switch to Mobile option at the top. Now I'm able to view the page in the mobile version (although it won't be using the New Look).
Are you able to use that option to view the Mobile Version? If you no longer have the option you can go to https:///esportsbestpractices.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/mobile to force the mobile version.
Kind Regards,Shannon
Hi Shannon,
Silly me, yes - I meant iPhone 7 (plus).
But when you're on the desktop only version you will see the option. Part of the share menu on iOS also allows you to request the desktop version, and so you could try this and then see if it gives you the Switch to the Mobile option I let you know about.
You can indeed force your site to load Confluence first. If you go to Site Administration > Application Access and click the *User Defaults* button:
You can see you can set the homepage to Confluence instead of JIRA.
It should generally load mobile/desktop as applicable depending on what your device is telling the server.
Since yours seems to be loading directly to the Desktop version, can you access via this URL and see if it goes to Mobile instead:
https:///esportsbestpractices.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/mobile
I'm having the same problem here as Alex.
I'm on a trial. I am using Chrome from a Pixel on Android.
When I go to the URL from my phone it loads the desktop version, not the mobile one.
I expect a number of external, public users to access our wiki on confluence, so it needs to respond to mobile first time each time (if they're using a mobile) ideally without an additional step (switch to mobile).
I can't see anywhere on the page that loads the option to "switch to mobile" - but even if there was that - what can I do to ensure that it properly recognises that I'm already on a mobile?
is there a setting somewhere that means it's not behaving responsively?
Many thanks,
John
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.