I am planning to deploy confluence as a documentation portal (on premise), but only myself that will actually create the documents. Is it possible for other people who are not users to access the portal just for reading?
Enable anonymous access in the global settings, and then go to the space permissions for each space you want to expose and add anonymous access there as well. It means "not logged in" users specifically, so anyone who can see your Confluence will be able to see these spaces without logging in. I probably don't need to warn you to only allow "read" for anonymous.
Thank you very much for your consideration, Nic.Right after the post, I found a related link that speaks about this configuration. And this setting does not consume my user licenses, right? Do not I have an additional cost for this?
Correct.
Your only cost is the planning and enabling, which probably takes a few seconds per space.
Hi Jose,
Following my experience with opened documentation space, you have to know that when opening access to anonymous users, all comments you post on the pages and inline comments will be visible to them
MASSIVE problem with Atlassian's products is the licensing and expectation of providing licensing for all external users. They are a complete joke. Literally can't share a page in Confluence without giving an external user a full account or exporting.
Or using anonymous access?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.