We are using Jira Agile in the cloud. When I set the Time Spent field as required during the transition (using a validator) from in Progress to Testing it will not allow my users to move a ticket to Testing even though some work has been logged on the ticket. I THINK it is because the Log Work field is entered on a different screen from the screen where they change the status. However for our scenario I don't really care if they enter Time Spent EVERY time they move from the In Progress status to the Testing status. Just that SOME work has been logged at some point on this ticket before it can be put into testing (it can move from in progress to testing and back to in progress multiple times if the issue doesn't pass testing the first time).
How can I validate that some work has been logged on a ticket before moving into a specific status/transition?