Hi,
thanks to the community we are working with a Template Project:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/New-default-workflow-for-every-project/qaq-p/619771
In the Template Project we changed the Workflow and the Kanban board settings: we added two columns. But the new columns do not show up in the new project (created with "Create with shared configuration"). Do we always have to change the board settings manually in the new project or is it possible to create a Kanban board template? Thank you for your help.
Annette
Boards are not part of a project (even when they're created alongside them, and only look at that project), so they don't inherit settings when you use templates. I'm afraid you will need to do the settings manually.
There are some improvement requests logged for things like "shared default filters for new boards" and indeed "board templates", but I don't remember seeing their status change recently.
Thank you, Nic. Then at least I can stop searching
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.