Do I understand correctly that support agents (= have service desk license) can create „linked issues“ to collaborate with developers (= JIRA Software users; they have no service desk license), but the developers can’t log work time on that "linked issue"?Info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver036/setting-up-service-desk-users-921471667.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-limit
If that is the case, how are developers supposed to log their work time?
Hi Susi,
So the Support Agents create a linked issue in a NON service Desk project (e.g. Software project) for the developers. The developers can log their time only in the Software project.
Cheers,
Hi Susan, thank you very much for your help. I overlooked that I can select the project when I create a linked issue for the developer team.
Do i assume rightly that the Time Tracking of the request issue (JIRA Service Desk) includes logged work time of 'Sub-Tasks' but not of 'Linked Issues'? The logged work time of my developers seems not to show up in the request issue.
correct. linked issues are not included in the time log for an issue.
Hello Jack, thank you for your prompt reply. :-)
Well, it is a little disappointing that JIRA Service Desk Time Tracking does not include also the linked issues.
This is beyond just service desk this is a known missing? feature in JIRA.
THis question may be of interest:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/JIRA-Time-Tracking-to-include-Linked-Issues/qaq-p/298827
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.