I have Jira and Bitbcuket on the same server and need to turn on SSL for each. I have successfully enabled it for JIRA and am able to browse over https. However for Bitbucket I am not able to do so. I changed the port in the server.xml file for bitbucket to 9443 so that Jira and it dont have the same ports. It does not seem to work though for bitbucket. Am I able to run them both on the same server with SSL? Did I miss a spot to change the ssl port bitbucket?
Hi Chris,
Which version of Bitbucket Server are you using, how did you make the change, and what happens after you've made the change?
Cheers,
Christian
Premier Support Engineer
Atlassian
1. Bitbucket - 5.2.2
2. Opened up the server.xml underneath the bitbucket directory and changed the connector for ssl from 8443 to 9443. Restarted the service.
3. When trying to browse I get the site cannot be reached.
Its not obvious that you cannot change the port in server.xml for bitbucket so I`ll not use the RTFM today
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver052/changing-the-port-that-bitbucket-server-listens-on-935363347.html
-Lars
Hi Lars - I did see that and tried that as well however I get a ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.
I reviewed the documentation (I promise) multiple times and I guess i could still be missing something but I am just not seeing it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.