Dear community members,I'm facing a technical issue which i can't overcome by myself even though I spent some time on it now.I created a template for some page type. This template request user to specify/choose three variables (let's call them variable1, variable2 and variable3). Once they are specified the page is created. I would like the name of the page to be "Variable1 - variable2 - variable3".The closest hint on how to do that i found here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-it-possible-de-prefill-a-page-title-based-on-a-template/qaq-p/203821\\But gives a solution only one variable is used. How to expand it to three variables?Let say we have a variable in template called "variable2" being a string.and in user macro we defined a @param pageName:type=string.How in macro to assign the value of "variable2" to $parampageName in user macro?Thanks for your support,Marcin
You can use the Create from Template macro to accomplish this.
In the macro you can prefill the page title, as well as choose the template, so I imagine you'll want 3 macros on the page for the 3 title variation. The macros show up as buttons on the page.
The limitation is that you'll need to go to the page where you embed the macros to create the page, however, you'd probably do this anyway so the page has the correct parent.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-from-template-macro-317196995.html
@Marcin Pazdro were you able to get this to work?
Hello Jesse,
Thanks for your hint, but this is still not a solution. These three templates you propose would give me an option to create three different titles. But these titles would always be the same.
What I want to accomplish is to get page title to be composed out of 3 variables which Confluence user can choose by either specifying some variables or selecting them from drop-down list.
So, in what you proposing the number of page title variations would be limited to 3 (plus some variation related to one of the variable which I'm actually able to pass to a title's name).
In what I need, the combination of three variables (which can be specified by customer) would give unlimited number of title options.
Hope this clarifies what I'm looking for.
Best regards,
Marcin
Not yet, unfortunately.
Hi Marcin,
Maybe the Page Tree Creator could be a solution for you. You can have as many tags (variables) in the title as you like. The tags will be presented in the form during the creation process of the page. For each tag you can define a drop down list.
You can find the Page Tree Creator on the Marketplace and some live examples are here (no registration needed).
Regards,Stephan (CEO of EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)
Actually, it may work. The page title that you put into the macro prefills the Confluence page.
For example, I've set up a button to say "iOS Release x.x.x" Before I save the the page, I change x.x.x to 5.1.0, or whatever the version is.
I was able to leverage three Variables with the following:
<script>$( "input[name='variableValues.DateOfIncident']" ).change(function(){console.log($(this).val());$("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val($(this).val())})$( "input[name='variableValues.IRNumber']" ).change(function(){console.log($(this).val());$("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val($("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val() + " : " + $(this).val())})$( "input[name='variableValues.IRSummary']" ).change(function(){console.log($(this).val());$("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val($("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val() + " : " + $(this).val())})</script>
Hi Jonathan, thanks a lot for your code snippet, it was really helpful!
Do you happen to have an idea, how to extract the selected value of a template variable that is a list (drop-down list with different values)?
I have been struggeling with this for quite a while now, with no success
Thanks!
Adam.
Hi Jonathan, thanks for your code.
You put a colon (":") between the parts. How can I put an underscore ("_") at the beginning of the page title ("_page title"). I don't know the right syntax to put at the top.
Thanks,
Volker
Hi, you can intercept the form submission event. The form submitted from a template is called "filltemplateform" so for example, in the case where you want to combine two values (ProjectID and projectName to form a page title, just use something like this to your AJS.toInit - I also have a some basic data verification in there, event.preventDefault is to prevent the form submission if the projectID isn't a number between 2 and 5 digits
$("form[name='filltemplateform']").submit(function(event){let projID = $( "input[name='variableValues.projectID']" ).val();if (projID.length < 2 || isNaN(projID)){alert("Invalid value - Project ID must be numerical between 2 and 5 digits");event.preventDefault();}$("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val(projID + " - " + $( "input[name='variableValues.projectName']" ).val());});
Found out myself:
<script type="text/javascript">$("input[name='variableValues.Programmname']" ).change(function(){console.log($(this).val());$("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val("_" + $(this).val())})</script>
Hi Franck,
Where do we need to place this code?
Hi Franc,
You have to put in in an AJS.toInit. It can be done several ways, I used a user macro in which I placed a script tag. Here's a more complete code snippet with validation
<script>....AJS.toInit(function(){.....$("form[name='filltemplateform']").submit(function(event){let projID = $( "input[name='variableValues.projectID']" ).val();if (projID.length < 2 || isNaN(projID)){AJS.flag({type: 'error',title: 'Invalid Project Number',body: 'The Project Number is a 2 to 5 digits numerical value '});event.preventDefault();}$("form[name='filltemplateform']").find("input[name='title']").val(projID + " - " + $( "input[name='variableValues.projectName']" ).val());});$( "input[name='variableValues.projectID']" ).attr("data-aui-notification-field","");$( "input[name='variableValues.projectID']" ).attr("data-aui-notification-info","Choose a username at least 6 characters long");$( "input[name='variableValues.projectID']" ).attr("minlength", "2");$( "input[name='variableValues.projectID']" ).attr("maxlength", "5");.....</script>
How does this work in terms of populating the page title for a page created via the Create Page from Template functionality?
I have it stored in a user macro named filltemplateform.
Now what?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.