I'm trying to extract the last commit made to a certain branch.
I have something like this here:https://stash.mycompany.com/rest/branch-utils/1.0/projects/{abcd}/repos/{abcde-fghi}/branches/info/{CommitID} but what I do not get in this request is the time the last commit was made to this branch.Is there a way to achieve that?
Hi Vivek,
You can use the following to get the last commit:
git log -1
To just get the date you can do the following:
git log -1 --format=%cd
Cheers,
Branden
If you need to get latest commit on a branch through the REST api, try the "/commits" call with the "until" parameter set to the branch you are interested in, and limit=1 to get the single tip commit from the branch.
Example:
http://vm.bit-booster.com/bitbucket/rest/api/1.0/projects/BB/repos/aui/commits?until=master&limit=1
The "authorTimestamp" in the result will tell you when the commit was first created.
If you're on Bitbucket 5.0 or newer, then a "committerTimestamp" should be present as well. If an original commit was rebased or cherry-picked or squashed, the "committerTimestamp" will tell you when those operations happened.
The actual "push" time for when the commit arrived at the server is much harder to determine.
I get from calling this using curl :
curl -u <bitbucket_username>:<app_password> https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/<workspace>/<repository>/commits/master | python3 -c "import json,sys;obj=json.load(sys.stdin);print(obj['values'][0]['hash']);
It will directly give you the commit_no.
git ls-remote may helps
git ls-remote <repo> refs/heads/<branch>
output:
d70deff2e5dd953d933dfe308f076e7139be1182 refs/heads/master
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.