Hi there,
Can Test issue types be removed from the backlog?
Hi Audra
I think you need to give some more detail so that the answers will help you. Jira issue types are customisable so many companies won't even have a Test issue type
The project lead doens't want to see Test tickets in the backlog. Is there a way to make them not show up there?
Backlog shows issues which match the issue filter. JIRA boards show issues being fetch from the underlying JQL. Thus, you need to update your Board filter and add "type != test" in the filter in order to remove test type from the board.
See here on how to configure the board filter - https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-filters
Hi Tarun, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the link didn't lead to an active page.
But that will remove them from the whole board, not just the backlog
https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-filters
Yeah, still not a working page
Yes, the backlog is part of the board. If you don't want them in the backlog, you're also saying you don't want them on the board.
If the issues aren't in backlog then they won't appear in the active sprints anyway. "Test" type comes from Zephyr plugin. And lot of times, POs don't want them on the board (backlog) as they create noise.
Hi the link worked thank you however, "type != test" thowes an error. Error in the JQL Query: Expecting operator before the end of the query. The valid operators are '=', '!=', '<', '>', '<=', '>=', '~', '!~', 'IN', 'NOT IN', 'IS' and 'IS NOT'.
Paste your complete query. What's the current JQL which you are using? In the current JQL you would need to append "type != test"
I'm guessing you need an AND so it's "AND type != test"
Sorry, I'm really not familiar with JQL. I don't have a query at this point which is why I'm asking on here how I remove Test issues from the backlog.
Hi Warren, I think that did the trick!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.