Jira 7.4.2, Crowd 2.12.0
I am setting up JIRA to use Single SignOn, using a crowd delegated directory with authentication against an AD LDAP, and user information synchronization on login.
The documentation Integrating Crowd with Atlassian JIRA says to create the groups jira-users, jira-developers and jira-administrators, so this is what I did, setting the users to have the jira-users group as initial membership.
Then I had a user log into JIRA using her AD credentials. Her user was created in crowd and got the jira-users membership, but she was told on login that she had insufficient privileges to log in.
When I look at the global permissions admin page in Jira, it just assigns permissions to two groups: jira-administrators and jira-software-users
So what should I do:
- Use the group jira-software-users in crowd?
- Add the required permissions to the jira-users and jira-developers?
I think alternative 2 will be hard to get right, so I guess alternative 1 is the right answer?
However, since there is no longer a jira-developer group created by default, is there no longer any need to make that distinction?
It used to be that anyone doing more than reporting and commenting on issues (i.e. project leads, component leads and developers) would have to be in the jira-developers group. Can the necessary roles be assigned to jira-software-users?
Thanks!