When you open up a board and select the "Backlog" view, you can see the Epic labels on each item. You can also turn it on/off through the drop-down menu.
However, in the "Active Sprints" view, these labels aren't shown (we would really want that). In the drop-down menu it DOES say "Show/Hide Epic labels", even though it's doing nothing for this particular view.
Is it a bug?
You normally can see those labels on the Active Sprints pane.
Agree with Steven, you normally don't need to do anything... try going to the board configuration screen and then card layouts.
Try adding the EPIC Link manually and see what happens. (It may just need a "kick") btw are you on Cloud or Server?
Just to be sure you understand what I mean; I am talking about the colored labels, directly on (the right) of each User Story in the backlog.
In the Active Sprints pane I can turn on Epic links for the task cards, but that's not what I mean. I would like to see the labels on the User Stories (and not just in the detail view).
Check - the Hide/show epic labels on the board dropdown is supposed to do exactly what you want. If it currently displays "Hide Epic Labels" in the Sprint view, there's a problem somewhere else. btw it would look like this yes?
image2016-4-21 16:0:12.png
Actually, I think what you are showing is a card / task, right?
I attached 2 images: one of my backlog with User Stories and one of the Active Sprints overview.
1ex.jpg2ex.jpg
Ahhh.... I see - you are using Swim Lanes defined by EPICs. THAT was the missing piece of information we needed. Let me look into that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.