We recently had to move our jira and confluence instances over from a 32-bit to a 64-bit server due to new confluence versions being pushed out only being 64-bit. We had SSL connections setup and working on our previous server. At one time I had it working on this 64-bit server; until I upgraded jira and confluence to the latest versions. I saved then copied the server.xml files back over into the appropriate folders as I knew they got overwritten but still cannot get the SSL connection to work for either jira or confluence since the upgrades done to them.
Ahh, the joys of https - always the right thing to do, but a pain in the neck to get it right
How are you doing your SSL? Terminated at a proxy, or with JIRA and Confluence's Tomcats?
I used a free certificate from cacert.org, used portecle to set it all up then edited the server.xml files with all the needed settings for secure port, secure store location, etc. As I say I did have it working until I uprgaded jira and confluence to the latest versions and now they will only come up on the 8080 and 8090 ports; not the 8444 and 8443 ports that they were working on before. If any of this does not make sense please keep in mind that I am not a programmer or Linux guru and I had never even heard of Jira, Confluence, or Atlassian until I took this position a little over 5 years ago. All I know about them has been OJT! In fact, one of my 1st tasks here was to upgrade jira and confluence and they were so far back in their versions I had to do it in three steps.
Ah, ok. The upgrade process has removed your settings. I did a JIRA 7.4 upgrade the other day, and that at least had the decency to tell me it had trashed my server.xml, cacerts and setenv.sh files. From memory, older versions do it silently.
Yes I had allso finally figured out that a jira upgrade always replaces the exiting server.xml file with a new one but as I said I had saved the server.xml after I edited it to point to the secure port; in this case 8443 and then after the jira upgrade I copied that server,xml file back into the jira/bin folder and restarted jira so it seems to me that it should be working on the SSL port but it still doesnt. I can only get to jira on the non-secure port; 8080.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.