How do I disable Blog from showing on Sidebar in new Confluence? I want to modify what shows up on my new Sidebar.
Under space tools you have a configure sidebar where you can remove the Blog link. This will not prevent users from creating blogs. If you want to do that then you need to remove the permission to add/delete blog and disable the blueprint.
It looks like they did resolve this and offer a way to turn off the Blog link in the sidebar. As long as you are an admin of that space, hovering over the Sidebar area should reveal a pencil icon near the bottom. After clicking on that, you can reorder the Pages and blog links or remove them.
Hi Mikael, I believe that was on the older Confluence. The new Confluence, this is what I see in Space tools (attached)
Yeah, looks like that option was removed in the cloud version...
Is there a way to remove Blog from the sidebar in the cloud version?
Hi,With the new Confluence layout, we won't be able to remove the blog from the sidebar. We have created a feature request for this request:
* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-57209
If you think there are specific things in the new design we can address, feel free to click Give feedback in the sidebar to share your thoughts directly with the team. I hope that with your feedback we can keep improving the new Confluence experience.
Thanks for the update and tip, Elaina.
How does this work? I'm owner of the space and admin, site-admin and I don't have this functionality.
Why not answer why the heck do I need comments, likes, or a blog for software documentation?
I want powerful documentation that links to my software project. That's it.
I especially don't want my users getting confused looking at an irrelevant default overview page, or clicking a blog tab that should not ever exist.
Are you able to see the pencil edit icon in the space's sidebar? Make sure you have fully expanded the left navigation bar, there are a few "layers" of collapsing so drag the right edge over as needed. You also have to be hovering over the sidebar to make the icon show up at the bottom.
Hope that helps!
You'll find the on/off switch here for Cloud version in April 2019:
When I toggle this off, the blog continues to appear in the sidebar. I'm able to successfully toggle the calendar off, but not the blog.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.