Apologies for asking this question, I am new to Jira Admin and the previous responses that I have found in the main seem to rely on a level of knowledge of Jiras taxonomy and where to go within the UI to carry out various actions
I am really looking for step by step response 'cos "I know nothing"
I have 2 projects (I have managed to create these !) I have 3 sets of users - when I create the user / ask them to join I want to restrict what projects those users can see.
Set of users (A) need to see Project (1)
Set of users (B) need to see Project (2)
Set of users (C) need to see Project (1) and Project (2).
Having read prior questions / responses on this subject, I get that the Jira default is 'see everything' and therefore if you want to restrict you have to set up your own configuration (permissions ? groups ? assignments ?) and revoke the standard ones. What I havent been able to do is follow / understand the steps that the numerous responses give
Can anyone out their give me a 'dummies guide / step by step instructions to setting up project access for users' ?