I have a large quantity of PDF files that I would like to import as individual child pages of a single parent page.
How can I do this?
Thank you,
Erich
Hello Erich,
There's not a way to import PDF documents as pages into Confluence. You can add them individually as attachments into a page, but another solution might be to convert them to a Word document and then import those files as pages:
Let us know if you have any questions about this!
Kind Regards,Shannon
so that being said unlike pages which are displayed when some one logs-in to explore, how can you make a pdf attachment visible or easily accessible?
When you import as Word document, hopefully, you can leverage the "Split by heading" feature so the child pages you want are created.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-a-word-document-into-confluence-170493136.html
Split by heading
If the document contains Word heading styles you can choose to create multiple pages based on the heading. Options are:
A preview of the pages that will be created appears under Document Outline.
Dan,
When you attach a PDF to a page, you have various ways of choosing how it displays in Confluence.
For more information, have a look at Display Files and Images for the various ways you can display a PDF files on the page.
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Regards,
Shannon
Sort of annoying they allow export of PDF and focus on PDF as export in documentation, but when you go to import all you have is Word of Google. Might be good if the team documents this up front to save others some time going through process and having to restart.
Thanks all for the help !
The problem here is that the pdf's aren't indexable and don't show up in search. So just putting it there isn't a great solution. I would love to see it where it was easier to import a PDF. I've been having to take a PDF => Word => Import Word Document. And even then, its not always the best experience.
Is there still no available solution for this? I noticed the post is pretty old.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-pdf-macro/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.