Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to redirect raised exceptions to a centralised sentry facility, instead of local log file, using the appropriate log appender provided by https://github.com/getsentry/sentry-java
Regards,
y.
Some more light to this; according to the sentry-java documentation the DSN should be passed as an argument either as environmental or java variable. Whenever I tried to pass it with either ways, I got some JIRA plugins not initialised and eventually JIRA was locked.I then hot-patched the DSN into the java code and recompiled it, omitting the need to pass DSN as an argument during runtime. While building the packages, I realised that the jackson-core class was also required, however, no exception with regard to this was ever raised while JIRA was starting.Eventually, I copied all jackson-core, sentry-java, sentry-log4j into the library directory and passed the DSN as a java argument and everything works.
JIRA uses log4j for its logging, which can be set up to log to remote systems instead of a local file. I can't tell you if that would work for sentry-java though, I've not used it.
Indeed, I compiled the appropriate classes and installed them in the tomcat's library directory but seems that I missing something on how to set correctly the DSN in the log4j.properties.
Hmm. Last time I did that, I was able to just set the remote server in the log4j properties file and it worked fine. But that was a while ago (years)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.