I am working as a SoftwareEngineer/ScrumMaster in a consulting company that is developing software for different customers. One of our customers is hosting his own Bitbucket server and we are currently accessing it via VPN to do the pushes and fetches.
I am currently looking into mirroring solutions where my company is using a Git server and this server is a complete mirror of the bitbucket server of my customer. I've developed my own solution where I am using Git hooks to delegate requests, but by accident I found the Smart Mirroring Feature and now I am really interested if this product might be something for my company.
Here's the most important question: Is it possible to push to a mirror? In https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/smart-mirroring-776640046.html the diagram only shows "Clone & Fetch" but the pushing is done to the main repository, on the other side the text below states that pushing is possible to the mirror.
In my scenario the developers are in our company intranet and should only see the Mirror, all Git operations should be done via the Mirror. I do not want that the users are directly using the Main repository (since every user needs to pay some amount of remote-access-fee which I am trying to cut down)
I hope someone can help me with this question!
Best regards from Germany