I evaluate cloud version of Confluence and try to edit Excel document. I am using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.
Here are my steps:
Am I doing something wrong?
Hi Jiří,
Per our blog, Edit attached files with the apps on your desktop,
Some apps will try to change the file format when saving—from .docx to .odt for example. If the app doesn't use the same format by default and tries to change it, it'll confuse the Atlassian Companion app and the file won't automatically re-upload. Edit with app works when you save the file in the same format as was stored in Confluence.
Can you confirm the format isn't changing? If not, can you let us know what version of Office you're running on your Mac?
Thank you!
Kind Regards,Shannon
Hi Shannon,
Thanks for reply. I read the article you've mentioned and I can confirm, that document format did not change. I created .docx document in Excel on my Mac and tried to edit it on the same machine, in the same Excel app, version 15.26 (160910).
Unfortunately today I created another Excel document and this behavior didn't appear anymore, so I stay a little bit confused. I also verified Companion app with Word and it seems to be ok.
Hi,
Thank you for letting me know that. So to be clear, are you no longer able to replicate the behavior?
I am able to replicate this behavior only with the Excel document mentioned at the beginning.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.