We have two JIRA projects. One for members outside of development and one that is internal.
In the external project users will request new features, report bugs etc.
The internal project includes these types and also other types used internally by the development team.
I am trying to set up a process where an external (i.e. Marketing) can request a feature and a specific release that they desire. Upon ticket creation a corresponding ticket is created in the 'internal' project with appropriate fields passed to the internal project. This all works fine with a plugin.
I would like to have these two tickets linked in such a way that common fields / status in both projects stay in sync. For example, I want the the cloned ticket in the internal project is 'Closed' I want the originatating ticket to also close.
Is it possible to implement such a sync. mechanism?