Hi!
We have recently upgraded our Confluence to run encrypted by means of a Let's Encrypt certificate, however there is a small issue that I would like to see resolved.
We have a few old links going to pages like confluence.ourwebsite.com:8090/specific_page, however the browser will then give me the following error: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG. The page can be manually accessed by changing 8090 to 8443, but I would like it to reroute to 8443 automatically.
According to step 5 of this guide, I need to add some constraints to my web.xml file, which I have done, but it does not seem to work.
According to other sources on the web, I should add SSLEnabled="true" to the 8090 port, however this is counter intuitive in my opinion because the guide states that it will route all non-SSL links to 8443. If I enable SSL for the 8090, it wouldn't route to 8443, right?
Any suggestions?
My server.xml file is as follows:
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="100" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" />
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" startStopThreads="4">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<!-- Logger is deprecated in Tomcat 5.5. Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
<Manager pathname="" />
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60" />
</Context>
<Context path="${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy" docBase="../synchrony-proxy" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60" />
</Context>
</Host>
</Engine>
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" SSLEnabled="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystoreFile="..."
keystorePass="..."/>
</Service>
</Server>