A system error has occurred — our apologi
Return to site homepage…
The SystemInformationService could not be retrieved due to the following error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupPathsAction.execute(SetupPathsAction.java:41)
java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.SetupPathsAction.execute(SetupPathsAction.java:41) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) e.CancellingInterceptor.intercept(CancellingInterceptor.java:21)
I was trying to install it went for long when I refresh again I got this erro. I even recreated the DB by dropping it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the confluence in my linux box. But still no luck. What I should be doing properly in order to install?
What do you mean "Confljuence won't start editor?"
That is one of the most basic errors in the application. You haven't set up the file system, permissions, or the database correctly and the application is failing to even start up. You should make sure you're following the instructions carefully.
It could be something else but USUALLY this is because of a system-level issue.
Hi Steve,
Thanks for reply. I did not follow you,. I have done similar installtion for JIRA and Bitbucket they worked correctly. But confluence was crating the tables when first time it goes for setup. It some more time hence I refreshed the screen. And I am seeing the error above. What is the next step? I should follow?
Please post the entire contents of catalina.out and atlassian-confluence.log.
These are located in /opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/ and /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/ if you used the default paths.
I believe that OP solved his problem in this other question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Getting-system-error-after-installing-Confluence-server/qaq-p/620294
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.