I use a Kanban board for a visual design team while we work to move to something better suited for their work. I was able to add Estimation fields to the card layout under Configure which you can see in the attached screenshot. It reflects their time entered at the close of a ticket and a "None" for original estimate. But for the life of me I don't know how or where they can actually enter their original estimate as it is not visible in the Issue Detail view. Unable to find definitive guidance in documentation.
Boards are a view of a selection of issue data, there's fields and activities behind this view.
To enter time without seeing a place for it on the detail view, a user could:
Thanks Nic - I set up all the tickets for the team, so my question was really "Where do I enter their initital time estimate?"
Make sure the "original estimate" is on the create issue screen.
Add the field Time Tracking to the Create and Edit screens, so that you can set an Original Estimate on issue creation/edition.
not on a kanban projecttype
not on a kanban project type
You do realise this is not about Next-gen projects - it is about classic boards where you can add estimates on Kanban
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.