Hi,
I get an error when trying to start JIRA as a service.
Error message:
A service specific error occurred: 1.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3547
(And when I type that in I get: "A service specific error occurred: ***." .... thanks, windows. -_-)
The commons-daemon.log gives me:
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [info] [18292] Commons Daemon procrun (1.0.15.0 32-bit) started
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [info] [18292] Running 'JIRA' Service...
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [info] [10188] Starting service...
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [error] [10188] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [error] [10188] Failed creating java C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [error] [10188] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [error] [10188] ServiceStart returned 1
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [error] [10188] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [info] [18292] Run service finished.
[2017-08-04 10:10:22] [info] [18292] Commons Daemon procrun finished
How I installed JIRA:
1. I have used the .zip-File install for JIRA 7.4.2 (OS is Windows 2012 R2). The installation worked fine.
2. Start-jira.bat also works without any problems, configuration in browser went smoothly.
3. I installed the service via "service.bat install JIRA". Again no problems.
Steps I've tried to fix it:
1. I have checked that C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll is the correct path and the file exists.
2. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the service - same result.
3. I looked at the steps on this page, but the path-settings all seem fine, and since confluence is running without problem on the same server with the same java installation, deleting the %JAVA_HOME% variable I think is not an option, because I think that would disturb my confluence isntallation, wouldn't it?
Thank you for your help!