We've been trying get custom fields to appear in our HTML email notifications, based on the information in this article, but have so far been unsuccessful:
Adding Custom Fields to Email
Thus far, we haven't seen any impact on the messages being sent, but my belief is that we've been editing the wrong files. The path for the templates mentioned in the article seems to only be referring to text email templates, but we're using HTML email notifications.
I tried looking at the templates in atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html, but they're so (obviously) radically different from the text templates that I'm not sure whether any of the information listed in that article still applies.
Has anyone been successful at using custom fields in HTML email notifications? If so, how did you go about it? (Disclaimer - I'm a systems admin, NOT a developer. I know what my custom field ID is, but beyond that, I'm fairly clueless about how these templates are constructed, so the more specifics you can include in your reply, the better).