We are busy adjusting our Jira instance to allow customers to use it to view their tickets (it is currently internal only). We have set up security levels - e.g. I have "internal" security level and a "customer X" security level defined in a security scheme. In the "customer X" sec level, acess is granted to "Customer X Group". I then create a user and add them to the Customer X Group. I then create an issue, set the security level to "internal" and create a subtask. *
If I assume the identity of a "Customer X" user and go to the dashboard, I immediately see subtasks from "internal" sec level tasks. I am able to open them and view all details. However, if I click the parent task, I get an error saying access denied - so it seems the sec level is preventing me from accessing the task, but allowing access to the sub-task. How can I ensure that sub-tasks inherit the security of their parents?
* Note: The specific task and sub-task may have been created prior to setting up security levels / schemes.