There are several possible causes
*** Is there a place where I can find a log that might point to the failure that causes issue to happen? ***
I am having the same problem, so far I have done these steps:
1. I run the install via sudo
2. I did chmod a+x (it was only u+x before)
3. I upped the database user confluence uses all the way to dbadmin to take that variable out of the mix
4. I added the ip address I am using when configuring to /etc/hosts so that I was reaching it at an address it knew.
5. I have a very recent vanilla Ubuntu Server headless system I am installing it onto (the headless is why I am configuring from a browser on another machine)
6. After each failure I uninstall confluence, delete both of these directories:
/opt/atlassian
/var/atlassian/application-data
And drop the database that it was using.
7. I will keep working through your suggestions and hopefully stumble on the answer.
FYI here is part of my postgres log, these are the first messages as the install happens:
2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-1] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "attachments" does not exist at character 222017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-2] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from ATTACHMENTS2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-3] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "bodycontent" does not exist at character 222017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-4] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from BODYCONTENT2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-5] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "content" does not exist at character 222017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-6] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from CONTENT2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-7] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "contentlock" does not exist at character 222017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-8] confluenceuser@confluence STATEMENT: select count(*) from CONTENTLOCK2017-09-21 17:14:10 EDT [1315-9] confluenceuser@confluence ERROR: relation "extrnlnks" does not exist at character 22
That tells us the database is damaged. But not really why.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.