I have created an issue type "Initiative". My projects and hence portfolio has a hierarchy, something like... Initiative->Epic->"All other standard issue types"->Sub-task.
I want a custom field on my "Initiative" default screen that reads -> Related Epics. This custom field can/should be a multi-line field that has provides a List of issue keys and their corresponding status and priority. It should be similar to the attachment.
I've used the Atlas SDK to and this is my first meager attempt at this field. It should look similar to the following:

Below is my code so far, any guidance would be appreciated:
@Scanned
public class RelatedEpicsField extends GenericTextCFType {
private static final Logger LOG = Logger.getLogger(RelatedEpicsField.class.getName());
private final JiraAuthenticationContext jiraAuthenticationContext;
public RelatedEpicsField(@ComponentImport CustomFieldValuePersister customFieldValuePersister, @ComponentImport GenericConfigManager genericConfigManager, @ComponentImport TextFieldCharacterLengthValidator textFieldCharacterLengthValidator, @ComponentImport JiraAuthenticationContext jiraAuthenticationContext) {
super(customFieldValuePersister, genericConfigManager, textFieldCharacterLengthValidator, jiraAuthenticationContext);
this.jiraAuthenticationContext = jiraAuthenticationContext;
}
public String getSingularObjectFromString(
final String string)
throws FieldValidationException
{
ApplicationUser applicationUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();
LOG.info("Here is the object: " + applicationUser.getDisplayName());
CustomField customField = ComponentAccessor.getFieldManager().getCustomField("rel");
LOG.warning("Custom field is " + customField.getFieldName());
return "Hello World";
}
}