I'm considering storing binaries of my repos in their 'Downloads' section. Does anyone know if there is a limit to how big a file can be and how much we can store in the 'Downloads' section? I've searched and can't find anything that indicates a limit - I just want to be sure before I start packing things into the 'Downloads' section.
Hi Justin! The downloading archive must be no larger than 2GB. This is documented at What kind of limits do you have?
Hope this helps
Ana
Hi Ana, could you clarify something for me? It sounds like files in the 'Downloads' section cannot exceed 2GB, but can the entirety of the 'Downloads' section exceed 2GB?
For example, would it be possible to store 10 zip files in the 'Downloads' section, each with a size of 1GB (10GB total)?
Also, I've been trying to upload a zip file with a size of 650MB but the upload page always times out on me - do you know a way to circumvent this?
Hi Justin, 2GB is the maximum size allowed for an individual file. The whole Download section can exceed that number.
Regarding your last question, looks like that is a bug on our side, any file above 250MB will not work, even though our limit is higher. We're tracking this issue at Unable to upload large files in Downloads. Feel free to comment on it and watch it to receive further notifications.
Cheers!
Thanks for the update. I'll keep watch on the issue.
Would be great if this could be fixed since the workaround is really not that easy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.