Hi,
I am trying to install (Custom or Express) Confluence server on my Linux Mint (17.3) Dell E6530 laptop. Installation raises a few failures, and I cannot connect to Confluence via the browser.
A log of a typical installation attempt is shown below.
I am a complete newbie to Confluence, and haven't used Linux for about 20 years, so I'm sure it's something pretty simple! The /confluence (Home) directory was empty, so I set permissions on it to anyone in case I was trtying to do this as the wrong user, but that didn't make any difference.
Thanks
Anthony
anthony@anthony-Latitude-E6530 ~/Downloads $ chmod a+x atlassian-confluence-6.3.1-x64.bin
anthony@anthony-Latitude-E6530 ~/Downloads $ sudo ./atlassian-confluence-6.3.1-x64.bin
[sudo] password for anthony:
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
Aug 01, 2017 2:23:31 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$1 run
INFO: Created user preferences directory.
This will install Confluence 6.3.1 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]
o
Choose the appropriate installation or upgrade option.
Please choose one of the following:
Express Install (uses default settings) [1],
Custom Install (recommended for advanced users) [2, Enter],
Upgrade an existing Confluence installation [3]
1
See where Confluence will be installed and the settings that will be used.
Installation Directory:
Home Directory: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence
HTTP Port: 8090
RMI Port: 8000
Install as service: Yes
Install [i, Enter], Exit [e]
i
Extracting files ...
com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.RunExecutableAction failed
Ignore [i, Enter], Quit [q]
i
Please wait a few moments while we configure Confluence.
Installation of Confluence 6.3.1 is complete
Start Confluence now?
Yes [y, Enter], No [n]
y
Please wait a few moments while Confluence starts up.
Launching Confluence ...
Installation of Confluence 6.3.1 is complete
Your installation of Confluence 6.3.1 is now ready and can be accessed via
your browser.
Confluence 6.3.1 can be accessed at http://localhost:8090
In action "Write Modz Registry [Run script]" (screen "Custom Finish Screen [Configurable banner form]"), property "Script":
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: appBaseDir '/confluence' is not a readable directory
at com.atlassian.inception.modz.ModificationHelper.checkReadableDir(ModificationHelper.java:242)
at com.atlassian.inception.modz.ModificationHelper.<init>(ModificationHelper.java:77)
at com.atlassian.inception.modz.ConfluenceModificationHelper.<init>(ConfluenceModificationHelper.java:20)
at com.atlassian.inception.modz.ModificationHelper.createConfluenceHelper(ModificationHelper.java:52)
at I4jScript_Internal_125.eval(I4jScript_Internal_125.java:27)
at I4jScript_Internal_125.evaluate(I4jScript_Internal_125.java:35)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.helper.Script.evaluate(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runScript(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.runScript(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.control.RunScriptAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.SystemInstallOrUninstallAction.install(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.InstallerContextImpl.performActionInt(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.performAction(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.executeActions(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.handleCommand(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
Unable to register filesystem for installer modification checking.
Finishing installation ...
anthony@anthony-Latitude-E6530 ~/Downloads $