I want to assign the full test name when I create an issue. In the jira-python documentation under the fields dictionary they list:
project: {'key': 'PROJ-KEY'}
project: {'id': PROJ-ID} (where proj id is an int
project:{'name': 'PROJ-NAME'}
For some reason, only the 'key' keyword seems to work for me, but it randomly assigns a number to the test. For example, if I enter:
project:{'key': 'PROJ-KEY'}
Then the created issue will have the name 'PROJ-KEY-randomnumber', so say that my PROJ-KEY is STAR, the issue will be named:
STAR-7571
I'd like to designate what that the full name would be so that if I want the issue to be named STAR-123, I can do that through the jira-python api by using the 'id' or 'name' keys. I want to have tighter control over the issue creating so that I don't keep creating the same issue unnecessarily.
Please let me know if I can make this any clearer. Thanks!