I have just upgraded to JIRA 7.3.6 to JIRA 7.4.1. JIRA is reporting to me that the Base URL checks are failing however I cannot see where there is a misconfiguration. I cannot make a link from JIRA to Bitbucket and the System Dashboard crashes/appears to be corrupted. My diagnosis is that the former issue is having a knock-on effect to the latter issues.
My setup: JIRA and Bitbucket are integrated with Apache over SSL. The configuration of /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf is identical to when we were on 7.3.6 and there were no issues like this. The config in {JIRA_install}/conf/server.xml closely reflects the SSL config and is identical to when we were on 7.3.6.
The issues:
In the Support Tools section of JIRA, it is being reported that the Base URL health check is failing. The Base URL is set correctly in General config. Apache SSL and server.xml settings are good from what I can tell. Logs are below.
When initially logging in to JIRA and the user is directed to the System Dashboard by default, an "Error 500" appears with skull and crossbones. The logs from atlassian-jira.log are below. The dashboardTitle var appears to be undefined....
Starting from Bitbucket, I can make a link to JIRA. When it takes me to JIRA to make the reciprocate link, I get the warning "Please enter a valid URL" and there is an UncheckedExecutionException error. Below is the atlassian-jira.log.
Something strange I have noticed is that when I curl https://atlassian-server/jira the output has "Location: /jira/". When I curl https://atlassian-server/bitbucket the output has "Location: https://atlassian-server/bitbucket". The difference in output is ringing alarm bells to me but I can't figure out how to debug this.
Note: I cannot post all the logs at once as Atlassian thinks I am posting spam. Will be updating this post when I can.