Hi,
My bitbucket-repository is too big (> 2GB) so I am now in 'read-only mode'.
Because I want to use my repository, I cleaned (= delete all nonnecessary files) using BFG (https://rtyley.github.io/bfg-repo-cleaner/) which is recommended by Atlassian (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/reduce-repository-size-321848262.html). I used BFG to do the trick and I deleted some of the big unnecessary files, but when I want to do the final step: push the repository back, it says that my repo is too big:
"remote: repository is in read only mode (over 2 GB size limit).remote:remote: Learn how to reduce your repository size: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/xgMvEw."
How can I clean up my repository when I can't push anything ?
I am fighting with it almost 3 weeks so I hope I can get an answer soon (because it starts to frustrate me.
The helpdesk gave me following solution, which was very helpful to me.
Hi! I checked the Bitbucket account associated to your email address but I couldn't find any repo over 2GB in size, are you referring to a different Bitbucket Cloud account? Can you share your username and repo name?
Cheers!
Ana
It's OK now. I could fix it thanks to the helpdesk.
Glad to hear it's solved!
i've come accross this same question, can't be resolved, please help me ana
Hi @daniel.gao, I've checked your Bitbucket Cloud account but I couldn't find any repository that was extremely large, the biggest one is around 500 MB. Are you referring to a repo hosted in a different account?
Best regards,
Hello Ana,
I've been stuck with the same problem.
Got by accident commited some files that are unnecessary, tried to use the BFG, i think it worked, but i can't push the fix.
The project is not on my personal account, but on my team.
https://bitbucket.org/livetouchdev/alvoeuaswift
The files are:
Tierra Digital Ar.ipaTierra Digital Ar.app.dSYM.zip
hi i am having same issue anobody help
I am also having the same issue.
https://bitbucket.org/tmamiya/n
I have reset to the commit that I want, however can't seem to be able to push it to bitbucket, any help would be appreciated.
Hi @tmamiya, sorry for my late response!
I've checked your account and seems like you have been able to sort it out? If otherwise you still need our assistance let us know and I'll be glad to help you!
Cheers,
Thanks for the reply yes I was able to sort it out, for future reference was there a official way to solve this issues?
Todd-
Hi @tmamiya, the official instructions are explained in the article Reduce repository size. In short, you need to reset back as many commits as necessary to make your repo under 2GB and then force push.
Have a good day!
Same problem. Using git bash I've undone lots of commits with command $ git reset --hard HEAD~N, but I can't push anything - repository is readonly. How did everyone resolve the issue?
Dealing with the same issue. Hopefully this comment will bump yours up.
Hi Louie, I ended up making a request in the help center, they ran GC on my repo and everything worked.
Thanks, I think my deletion commits worked for me. I moved my large files locally and performed a commit. There was a delay of about 25 mins before it took effect. Hopefully someone sees this and overcome similar issues.
I got the same issue. I need to delete files/folders from a repo that is too large. Do I need to contact the helpdesk?
Hi @alessio harri ,
You don't need to contact Support for that. If your repo is too large you'll need to fix that on your side following the instructions in the article Reduce repository size. In short, you need to reset back as many commits as necessary to make your repo under 2GB and then force push.
Let us know if something is not clear!
What if we need to keep changes since the problem commit?
Hi @tlipska ,
Is your local repository over 2GB? You can run the following command in your terminal to find out:
git count-objects -Hv
In that case, I'd advise you to look at your repo and see what's making it so big. If it contains images, binary files, etc then you should consider using Git LFS (Large File Storage) as Git is not a good candidate for storing this kind of files. For more information, you can read Use Git LFS with Bitbucket.
If your local repository is under 2GB, then we can run a garbage collection in the remote to bring it to the right size. Please let us know the name of the repo and we'll do it for you.
This does not work for me. Keeps not letting me push anything. I am the admin for the repo.
I'm having the same issue. Our repo: `tomis-data` is over 2GB and I went through the recommendations here to remove the large files and reflog with BFG but everytime I try to `git push` or `git push -f`, it says the repo "is over the size limit and will not accept further additions. Learn how to reduce your repository size: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/xgMvEw" which is the exact method I used. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I am having the exact same issue. I have also used BFG to reduce the repo size, but cannot push the changes. The instructions state that I should contact Support to ask for them to execute a "git gc" [garbage collection] on the repo.
@Ana Retamal@Ana Retamal
It worked for me. Thanks
I am having the same issue, my repo is around 1.7gb in size
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.