I'm a product manager, so I want to be able to collect data on my issues in Jira and automatically see a calculated priority value of this issue:
- I have a set of standardized metrics captured in custom fields that I can apply to my tickets: Urgency (Hotfix, Critical, Trivial), Count of users impacted, Strategic Focus (High,Medium,Low), Issue Value, LOE and the like.
- Each of these metrics needs to be translated to some numerical value that can
be added up to get a score. This numerical value is a representation
of a picklist. E.g. Hotfix = 5, Critical = 3, Trivial = 1. - Each of these metrics has some weight when compared to each other, e.g. Urgency counts 15% towards a final score, LOE counts 20%.
- I use these values to calculate a priority score like this: (Metric1 * WeightMetric1) + (Metric2 * WeightMetric2) + (Metric3 * WeightMetric3) + (Metric4 * WeightMetric4) + (Metric5 * WeightMetric5) = SCORE
- Metrics and WeightMetric should be global values that I want to be able to change at times to accommodate shifting priorities and focuses.
I would like to be able to:
STORE global values for Metric and WeigthMetric
CALCULATE a score based on the global values selected for each issue
CHANGE global values as needed
Anyone ever tried that? Anyone a clue if Jira can pull this off?