I have reviewed the documentation and varios posts and cannot follow the steps to add/remove permissions and add QA group to one or more projects. The steps are missing where to navigate in the setup and the terms to add or remove. I have a new Jira instance with default software Scheme and 10 users.
Steps:
User QA-user1 created
Group QA-users created
User QA-user1 added to group QA-users
Permission Scheme:
Created a new permission scheme QA-permission-scheme.
I have two permissions schemes defined by default; Default Permission Scheme and Default software scheme with projects in each of them plus the new permission scheme QA-permission-scheme.
I added QA-permission-scheme to Project-1. Project-1 now has two permission schemes, Default software Scheme and QA-permission-scheme
Test:
Use QA-user1 logs on and has access to all projects
The default system groups are fine for the current team members and are working so I do not want to remove these. Remembering of course, I did not set this up, it was Jira default so what I think I need is how to move Jira defaults setup to our current team members roles on all projects then add a QA role/permissions to some projects.
Can you provide clear instructions on how to do this?