I have set up JIRA to use storypoints for estimations and added the estimate field to our board, however when I click on the estimate field I can only see estimations via small, medium, large. I want to use numbers instead.
That "Estimate" field is a custom field your administrators have added, and defined as a select list.
You need to get them to add a proper numeric field for Story Points or estimates.
I'm an admin, I should be able to change that. Can you point me to where I can edit that. Under custom fields I can't seem to edit the type of field.
Hmm, so there's two options, right?I can add my own field for SP Estimations, but then that won't show up in the preview as the estimation number.Or I can get all the other teams to adopt numbers instead of small, medium, large.
I don't necessarily want to change the behavior of the other teams, is it possible to just show the number of my new field called SP estimations in the preview?
Ok, yes, an admin can add fields, but you can't convert between types (the data is stored in different formats - imagine you had a field with "elephant" in it and you tried to change it to a number...).
Yes, you should add your own field, a numeric one. I'm not sure which "preview" you mean, but almost all the screens will allow you to see it, and more importantly, when you select it as the estimation statistic, you'll find the boards highlight it (because it's very important for them)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.