If you search for the text and press Enter (maybe an additional time) does it jump there? I haven't used Chrome 40 for a long time, so it's hard to say.
Otherwise, maybe you could install a Chrome extension like https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-find-for-google-chr/dejblhmebonldngnmeidliaifgiagcjj (I think you can install a chrome extension even if it's locked down).
Thanks Stephen. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work. And installing a Chrome extension isn't an option, mostly due to security.
I'd like to add that we're using Confluence 5.10.
This might work:
Press F12 to load the Chrome developer tools, then switch to the "Console" tab.
Insert the following text after the >:
window.find("searchterm");window.getSelection().focusNode.parentNode.scrollIntoView();
replace searchterm with whatever you're looking for and press Enter. The text should then be selected in grey and present in the viewable area. To find the next instance, press the up arrow key and press Enter.
If there are no more instances of the text in the page, it will do nothing. In order to search for the same term again, you'll have to refresh the page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.