We want to use Portfolio accross our enterprise (250 users). There is something I fundamentaly don't understnad in JIRA Portfolio.
My use case is this:
I create a plan for a new product development. The plan includes multiple projects, has different releases, different teams etc. I get everything all scheduled out and sprints are planed and everythign is great.
Then....
Program/Project manager B (not me) comes in and starts making a plan for a new product. She creates all of her tasks, picks projects, releases etc. Then she starts to create teams for people to work on stuff.
At this point it seems basically impossible to determine if a resources is already allocated in another plan.
Even if you use shared teams the resources will always have 100% of their weekly available hours for the plan you are looking at.
Is this expected? Am I missing something? I suppose if you had one plan for your entire organization it would work but I think there is a limit of the amount of items in a plan @ 5000 which we would exceed.
Ideally I would think that you would be able to set global weekly hours for people and then as those people's hours are utilzied over plans you can see this when scheduling. If you can't determine who is actually available to work on stuff when you are planning what good is the plan?
I feel like I am missing something...